The website/app, Goodreads, setup a reading challenge at the beginning of each year, since 2016. If you are unfamiliar with Goodreads, it is a social website centered around books and reading. The idea is that you can upload your personal library of book titles and arrange lists by the books you’ve read, the books you want to read, etc. If you have friends on the site, you can see what they are reading, what they want to read and how they’ve rated books. As a result of all this data, you can see what books are trending on any given topic.
I find the site particularly useful in the case of creating lists of the books I want to read and remembering what I’ve read or purchased.
I committed myself into a personal goal of reading 25 books in 2017. I’m not intending to review every one of them, but will provide links to the ones I have reviewed, as time permits.
- The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
- Well Fed Weeknights: Complete Meals in 45 Minutes or Less
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- A Wrinkle in Time
- A Wind in the Door
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet
- Many Waters
Here is the list of books I’ve read over the year, with reviews on each. Technically I’m three books off my goal, but we still have a couple of months left in the year.
- The Snow Leopard, by Peter Matthiessen
- A Higher Call: An Incredidible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War – Torn Skies of World War II, by Adam Makos
- Fast After 50: How to Race Strong for the Rest of Your Life, by Joe Friel
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, by G.K. Chesterton
- The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life, by Jeff Olson
- Peter Pan, by J.M. Barrie
- The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling
- The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles, by Bill Johnson
- As A Man Thinketh, by James Allen